New Year’s Eve is a time for reflection and celebration. As the year winds down we’ll be reliving the great moments and thinking of the goals we want to achieve in the New Year. Whether you are hosting a small gathering with friends or you have planned an extravagant night on the town, there are some things to keep in mind, things that will bring you safely into the New Year.
Hosting a Party:
- Include non alcoholic beverages and plenty of food for your guests.
- Stop serving alcohol a couple of hours prior to the end of the celebration.
- Contact a local taxi service. Make reservations for your guests ahead of time if possible.
- Provide a place for your guests to sleep it off.
Attending a Party:
- Designate a driver! Doing this prior to arriving is the best way to ensure you arrive home safely.
- If you have too much to drink, call a friend or family member.
- Drive defensively and wear your seat belt.
- Pick destinations you can walk to.
We all want to ring in the New Year in style with a celebration and joy, but in order to do that safely we must remember to pace ourselves, snack if you are drinking, stay hydrated, and most importantly have a sober driver. All of us at Cheney Insurance Agency wish you a very Happy New Year!